Friday 10 August 2012

Simplicity 2443, Encore!


I finally tried my hand at this Cynthia Rowley which I've had in my pattern collection for a couple of years now but haven't had the chance to sew. 

I realise this dress has been sewed and blogged many times over -- I did a quick Google search and up popped about a hundred lovely and creative versions -- too many to list here but evidence, I think, that the pattern itself is a winner.

The only change I made was leaving out the side zipper, partly for comfort, partly due to laziness.  The result is a dress that's slightly wider in the waist but can easily be slipped on. 
The stripes on this jersey didn't make the job any easier -- I think I sewed the bodice to the band with my eyes closed in fear -- but (magically!) the stripes lined up and I left my seam ripper in my sewing box.
I'll definitely sew this one again, maybe with an ankle length skirt and omitting the gathers at the waist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment