Wednesday 1 May 2013

May Day

Hi everyone, happy May 1st!   I'm back from a short visit to Germany, and look what popped up while I was away: 
Ooh-la-la......  Rosie from Haberdashery Blues has whipped up an ethereal sleeveless GPD in a Lizzy House Twinkle Twinkle fabric, complete with a twirly tulle underskirt - what a result.  What can I say?  I am in love...
 
You can see more photos and details of this project, as well as some of Rosie's other creations here, on the new Haberdashery Blues Wordpress blog, which has just moved from Blogger.  If you haven't read Rosie's blog before, you're in for a treat - I adore her style and use of colour (and check out that amazing quilt in the sewing archive).
 
Thank you Rosie, and everyone who has given this dress a go!  I'm so delighted to see your versions and have posted all of them in a new tab on my blog, for the moment called "Your Renditions".
 
You've all inspired me to get colourful and creative, and now that the sun is out I'm itching to get cracking on some bright summer dresses.  While in Heidelberg I scored just over 2m of this cotton / spandex print at Stoffe Lott:
 
I hope your May is off to a glorious start!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment