Saturday 21 September 2013

the most impractical dress ever?

It's September 21st and officially the last day of summer here in the northern hemisphere, 
and I'm sharing my last summer dress of 2013!
...the one that I didn't wear all summer.
Don't you hate when that happens?
By the time I had it stitched together, I learned rather quickly that faux suede isn't breathable...
I actually worked up a sweat just posing for these photos in the apartment...
I really had my heart set on a short leather minidress with a flouncy skirt, and it was all going rather well at first.   I managed to draft a pattern that worked with the mere metre of this faux suede I had in my stash 
(which I think cost about $2.99 at Fabricland)...
...but a light coloured minidress in a heavy fabric is possibly the most impractical item I've ever sewed.
(maybe even more than the Mary Poppins costume I wore that one time in my figure skating years)

The evidence:
- too hot / unbreathable for summer...
- ....in a springy green shade that doesn't work with tights for winter

Maybe next year I will wait for a rainy day and wear it will wellington boots.

I'd love to know - do you have a most unwearable project? Have you made something that fits, but that you physically can't wear?

Sweatin' it out

No comments:

Post a Comment