Friday 24 October 2014

crafty in cooler weather

We've been so lucky to have a very long and warm autumn here in London, but with the cooler temperatures came a bit of relief and excitement - to finally stay inside and get stuck into a few projects in the evenings without that nagging, "go outside it's beautiful!" guilt...

 From top left, clockwise: I've sewn a couple of easy "work skirts" using rectangular fabric remnants (more on these to come); got started on some Christmas stockings based on projects in Scandinavian Needlecraft; I was lucky to spend a couple of hours in a jewellery making workshop at the Southbank Centre drinking wine and learning from the very creative and inspiring Hariet from Tatty Devine; I finally covered a bolster that needed refreshing with this architectural fabric - a belated cotton anniversary gift for my hubby (who am I kidding, it's for myself...)

I'm really excited about a couple of new projects I'm starting for the winter using some nice and sturdy cooler weather fabric I scored recently - I think I'll draft one myself and for the other use this Burda pattern.

Anyone else get excited for rainy, cooler days?

Have a cozy week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment