Sunday 5 October 2014

oktoberfest dirndl

Thank you for the lovely comments on our wedding photos! In the autumn after our wedding we celebrated Oktoberfest at Cannstatter Volksfest in Stuttgart, a wedding gift from a dear cousin and her husband.

I had plans to go the whole hog - sew a complete Dirndl with vest and blouse, but in my last-minute style I ended up whipping up this BurdaWiesn Dirndl pattern, the morning before our flight.
As you might imagine, we were a too busy singing, drinking and oom-pah-pahing to stop to take any very good photos...I shall leave you with these...
A super week-end.  But, if  I ever get a do-over, I'm going to make that vest.  And the hubby is getting a pair of Lederhosen.

I think a wheat beer is calling my name...
Ein Prosit!

No comments:

Post a Comment