Sunday 10 May 2015

a coat for mom

Happy Mother's Day to all the gorgeous mommy makers out there! 
 I hope you are reading this with a glass of bubbly in hand and your feet up (or on the sewing machine pedal!)
 Today is a good day to let you know how in awe I am of your talent and creativity, the way you juggle making, blogging and creating beautiful homes for your families, and that magic trick you have at finding 10 extra hours in a day.  One day maybe you can share your secret with me.

In honour of the most important lady in my life, my teacher, cheerleader, confident and purveyor of fine vintage hand me downs, here are some pictures of a coat I made for my mom. 
It's the Burda 3/2012 pattern I made for myself previously and the first time I have made a proper garment for someone else.  It's an easy one if you are thinking of doing the same.

Love you, mom xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment