Saturday 8 August 2015

seville

Ah the dog days of summer...  sadly I am not in Spain but I'm having fun pretending!  I scored this flamenco style green cut out fabric in Seville a couple of years ago, and fell in love with it on the spot 
(propelled by a lot of sangria, a lot of cheese and general holiday euphoria)...

Back at home, after the high of the impulse purchase wore off, it was relegated to the back of my fabric stash, hibernating, out of context and unsure what it was supposed to be.   

A few hot days recently were the perfect remedy and gave me the impulse to whip up this simple raglan sleeved shift with some ladder trim on the sleeves.  Hey presto!  Sewing holiday make-believe.  Anyone also try this therapy?
 We're having a hoot over on Instagram at the #sewphotohop organised by House of Pinheiro.  I'm still finding my way around the place but if you're on IG would love to connect!


Hasta la vista, sewers! x 

No comments:

Post a Comment