Sunday 4 October 2015

Adlib Fashion

One last shout out to summer before it all turns wool and fleece on here!

A last crucial bit of my Ibiza wardrobe was something to fit in with the island's own brand of "Adlib" fashion.  Adlib has its roots in Ibiza's hippie cutlture of the 60s and 70s and is still going strong today (I think read somewhere that it was coined by a Yugoslavian princess who visited there!)
It basically means white, lightweight, comfortable clothing with lace and embroidery.  Ibiza and Formentera even have their own fashion week and Fashion Board, devoted to Adlib clothing.  Cool, eh?

This Burda maxi dress 06/2010 fit the bill, and so I spent an evening tie dying a couple yards of cotton voile to really get into the spirit...
 This was the first time I tie dyed anything since I was about 10 years old and it was all, shall we say, very ad-lib... but if you want some proper inspiration and how-to, I just discovered Justine at Sew Country Sew Chic's amazing tie dyed jumpsuit which shows you how to make this pattern yourself (and line up the print, to boot!)

Well summer, it's been delightful.  Until next year, where are my wooly socks and mug of tea...

Happy sewing everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment